Welcome to the Westside Schools Help Desk, powered by Freshdesk. Help Desk is an online ticketing system designed to streamline service requests for technology at Westside Community Schools. Help Desk should be used by both staff and students to report issues related to technology.
These issues include things like:
- Hardware Problems (Apple devices, printers, and projectors)
- Software Problems
- Email/G-Suite Problems
- Wireless Network Problems
- Blackboard Issues
- Phone Issues
Submitting a Ticket
- Log In to WCS Help Desk (help.westside66.org).
You will be prompted to login with Google. Please use your district-provided username and password.
- Click "New Support Ticket"
- Complete the required fields and provide any additional information. The subject field should include a few words describing your ticket request, while the description box should include detailed information on what you are requesting assistance on. Please leave the priority field defaulted to "low" unless you are requesting immediate assistance.
You will receive a confirmation email once we receive your ticket. Please allow for at least 24 hours for an Agent to respond to your ticket. All correspondence regarding your ticket will be sent via email. You may also check on the status of your ticket by clicking on the "Check Ticket Status" button.
Understanding Ticket Updates
After an Agent receives your ticket, you will be given periodic updates to the status of your request. Once the Agent starts to work on your ticket they will add notes to keep you updated on their progress. This can happen in two ways. First, a note may be added to your ticket, which will require your reply or confirmation. Notes usually contain questions or requests to help the Agent get an idea of what they are working with. It is imperative notes are responded to as soon as possible. Secondly, you may receive a ticket update with a change in status.
The status may include any of the following status types:
- Open – ticket has successfully been received.
- Pending – ticket is being worked on by an Agent.
- Resolved – ticket has been completed.
- Closed – ticket has been completed and no further assistance is needed.
- Client response needed – ticket is waiting for staff/student to respond.
- Waiting for Hardware – ticket is waiting for a computer part to arrive.
- Discipline pending – ticket is on hold due to administrative matters.
For quick matters, please use the messaging function to start an live conversation with us. Live Chat is meant for quick matters only. A ticket may be requested if the Agent deems it appropriate. To start a live chat, login to Help Desk and click on the Message Usbutton.
For additional questions or comments regarding Help Desk, please contact your building's Tech Support Team.